OIL AND GAS RESUME SAMPLE
James “Ronnie” Barber
10104 Trailridge Drive • Shreveport, LA 71106
Cell: (318) 393-5772 • E-mail: email@example.com
|Workover & Completions Specialist
Project Management • New Business Development
|Accomplished project manager with special expertise in energy-production, construction, and facilities & land management. Expert in all phases of project development and execution. Consistently achieves goals and exceeds expectations on every project.
BENGAL PRODUCTION COMPANY 1994–2009
Production, Construction & Consulting Services
Established successful consulting production and consulting business – starting from scratch – that specializes in oil & natural gas leasing, procurement, project management, and preparation for drilling and daily production operations.
- Supervise, and coordinate contract personnel for daily oil and gas operations. Stake locations, bid on construction contracts, and review and award bids.
- Communicate necessary directives to maintain an efficient and safe working environment.
- Grow a profitable business by making correct decisions regarding surface and downhole operations.
Sales & Marketing
Leveraged earlier sales and sales management experience – with NY Life Insurance – to build a roster of top clients serves roster of top clients in the energy business that includes:
Petrohawk Energy Corp • Louisiana Energy Consultants • Classic Hydrocarbons
Sage Energy Company • Zadeck Energy Group • Nabors-Johnson Production • PAN-OAK
Vista Resources • Foresta Resources • Cass County Leasing
Business Administration, Finance, and Bookkeeping
- Prepare all reports and maintain administrative records. Achieve exceptionally good regulatory compliance, Minimize costs by smart planning and budgeting.
- Manage books and interface with complex accounting
Technical Expertise (Oil & Gas)
- Extensive field experience – more than 30 years – installing and monitoring pumping units and unidraulic recovery systems.
- Certified according to Management and Operator Qualifications (OQ) for natural gas pipelines. Bonded for oil & gas operations in Louisiana and Texas.
- Specialization in cementing production strings, cased hole log correlation, perforating, completions, re-completions, P&A, squeezes, well stimulation, and isolation of multiple zones using of RTBPs and packers.
- Collaborated closely with cross functional teams to achieve maximum production and injection efficiency. Reduced number of failures and problem wells.
- Special assignment: Well Site Supervisor for APACHE-LUFKIN INDUSTRIES, Egypt (2002–2003): Coordinated production field operation for Khalda Petroleum through Apache’s Production Superintendent in Cairo and Houston.
NEW YORK LIFE INSURANCE & SECURITIES, Shreveport, LA 1988–1993
Field Sales Representative | Sales Manager
Named top new agent during first year, succeeded in field sales (1988-1991), and then won promotion to Sales Manager.
- Ranked among top 50 sales managers nationally (1991).
- Achieved Million Dollar Round Table and the President’s Council.
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AND FIELD SUPERVISOR (1982–1988): Daily maintenance and monitoring of oil wells – rig work up to 4800 – including all mechanical parts and chemicals. Enforced compliance with strict environmental regulations. Customers included Cities Service (Oxy), Texaco & Caruthers.
LANDSCAPING BUSINESS (1977–1982): Designed and installed bedding, plants, decking, fencing, arbors, gazebos, patios and drives. Maintained several large business grounds and complexes.
EDUCATION, AFFILIATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
B.S, Education, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA (1976)
Lettered in football (1974–1976). ALL-SEC honorable mention (1975) & ALL-SEC Academic (1975–1976).
BTW for additional information on this topic, request your free copy of the Military Transition Survival Kit – Just enter your first name and email: